HANDOUT - B2 - Assigning, Delegating, Nominating
SPARE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE - Invest in ready-made material for business English classes
This particular handout focuses on the most common expressions used when delegating tasks = one of the most common activities in business.
Works well with Photo Cards:
- 8. MANAGEMENT STYLES
- 33. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
WHAT ARE VOCABITE HANDOUTS?
VOCAbite Handout is a condensed chunk of language to be used for 15-20 minutes during a lesson.
HOW ARE THEY BUILT?
They are based on PPPP principle: Present> Practice> Produce> Prove.
First you need to show Students what you want them to master. Then you need to guide them in how to use it. Then they try to get independent at the Production stage by creating their own sentences or conversing. Finally, they have to Prove that they actually acquired the language. Thus Students get gradually more and more confident about using a particular structure or grammar item.
HOW TO USE IT?
It's a perfect breakaway from the routine and an excellent lesson filler. Students receive a couple of useful expressions and get to practice them instantaneously.
0. You may start by asking: What do you say when you want to pass a task over to someone?
1. First you present the vocabulary and let the students read the examples.
2. Students get used to the expression by forming affirmative, negative sentences and questions.
3. Then you ask them questions and they answer, later they roleplay a situation.
4. Finally they have a short exercise where they have to recall all of the expressions - you can do it in class or ask them to do it for homework.
2 pages A4 in PDF file
Recommended level - B1 up to B2
e-product - downloadable - photocopiable